In this world where teeth can always be a little whiter, weight can always be a little less and working woman can always try a little harder, it’s great to receive affirmation. Last week my e-mail contained an “Atta girl!” I’m excited to share.
My YA Urban Fantasy SUCKER PUNCHING MAGIC made it to the finals in the 2014 Pages From The Heart Contest http://fthrw.com/contests/2014-pages-from-the-heart-finalists
The Judges made a lot of comments. (Thank you, Judges) Here are my favorites:
- I literally couldn’t stop reading at the beginning.
- Excellent. I would like to read the entire novel, and would recommend it to my friends who read YA. I absolutely loved Jude. He was so personable and complete.
- I literally couldn’t stop reading at the beginning. I absolutely loved Jude. He was so personable and complete.
- Loved this hero. He got my sympathy at once.
- Poor Jude – I felt for him right away! And Luz seems to be a very well drawn character with depth. I’m not sure these two will end out as a couple in this YA since they haven’t met yet by the end of the entry, but it’s obvious they’ll make a good team in trying to find Eric.
- The dialogue moves the story forward, is appropriate to the characters, and is easy to follow. Nice job!
- The opening was very well done – introducing the reader to the world building elements right away.
- I love this story! I want to read the rest of it. I would buy this book in a heartbeat.
- I felt the author did a great job with the entire story. The writing is smooth. There were no discernable errors in the manuscript that I could detect. The character development is smooth and interesting. I believe this will be enjoyable to both YA and adult readers. The behavior and emotions of the characters are very well suited to their described ages, the language is appropriate.
- I can absolutely tell what drives the characters, and I can see the potential for change and for love
- Excellent. I would like to read the entire novel, and would recommend it to my friends who read YA.
- The world building is nicely interspersed with the rest of the story. I love the details like the mirrors and the romance novel.
- I rarely give perfect scores, but when I do, it’s because I honestly believe the story deserves it. This YA novel is very well done and I love the concept of The Fairy Tale Effect – I can see several novels coming out of this concept.
Again, thank you, Judges and From the Heart Romance Writer sisters. And thanks, dear readers. I appreciate you letting me share these—it’s really nice to hear good things about something I’ve worked hard on. As always, I’m grateful to you for taking an interest and stopping by.