Winter is definitely here with all of her bluster. Just last week, I motored through a snow storm that apparently hit not only my state but over 30 others. A chilly situation made worse by the groundhog’s prediction of another six weeks of cold and my friends say another freeze is on the way.
Brrr. I want to bundle up. Put on my warmest woolly sweaters, mittens, hats and scarves and curl up with a good book. In case you’re feeling the same way, here are thirteen of my warmest picks.
- This hand knitted wool scarf, can be used as capelet as well. It’s stylish and cozy and I bet it would go with almost any coat.
2. I like this shawl wrap.
3. A hand knitted wool capelet in burgundy wool. Notice the original lace and cable pattern?
4. Isn’t this cowl something?
5. Look at this cute hat! It’s purple with orange and pink stripes. I like the pompom and the fun bobbles.
6. Grin. This would be fun to wear–a stylish black infinity scarf.
7. Another awesome infinity scarf.
8. Need a warm hat? Here’s one.
9. Wow! Isn’t this red cowl gorgeous?
Do you like the earrings in the picture above? Here they are–close up.
11. This unique scarf has a garter stitch with lacy elements in the pattern. Wow, it looks warm and elegant.
12. Look at this one of a kind handmade shawl.
13. I love this funky slouchy hat. I think the flower is my favorite part.
As you might have guessed, the creator of these beautiful scarves, hats and shawls is a friend of mine. I’ve watched her create some of these very items and I want to support her artistic endeavors just as she encourages me to string my words together.
I hope the weather’s warm where you are, but I’m guessing it’s not. So, I’ll wish you lots of warm clothing and many wonderful stories. Thanks for stopping by.