In honor of Valentine’s Day I’m posting thirteen of my favorite poignant, profound or humorous thoughts about love.
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” ~ Charles Schulz
- “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” ~ Dr. Seuss
- “As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.” ~ John Green
- “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” ~ Sophocles
- “Where there is love there is life.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- “A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” ~ Elbert Hubbard
- “The heart wants what it wants. There’s no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that’s that.” ~ Woody Allen
- “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.” ~ Plato
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” ~ When Harry Met Sally
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever.” ~ Nicholas Sparks
- “When two people love each other, they don’t look at each other, they look in the same direction.” ~ Ginger Rogers
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you…I could walk through my garden forever.” ~ Alfred Tennyson
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ~ Lau Tzu
How about you? Do you have a favorite quote about love? Please share.
Happy Valentine’s Day.