School’s in full swing and I’m still trying to catch my breath and get used to the wonderful but busy routine. I love academic life—books, pencils, computers, assignments, dry-erase markers and white boards—pretty much everything including quizzes, so in celebration I’ve found thirteen quotes about education.
- You can get all A’s and still flunk life. ~Walker Percy
- They spent the first three years of school getting you to pretend stuff and then the rest of it marking you down if you did the same thing. ~Margaret Atwood
- He, who opens a school door, closes a prison. ~Victor Hugo
- The human heart is my school. ~ Anee Rice
- It’s a mistake to think that once you’re done with school you need never learn anything new.~Sophia Loren
- As we approached each other, the noise and the students around us melted away and we were utterly alone, passing, smiling, holding each other’s eyes, floors and walls gone, two people in a universe of space and stars. ~ Jerry Spinelli
- A man who has never gone to school may steal from a freight car; but if he has a university education, he may steal the whole railroad. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- CONJUGATE THIS: I cut class, you cut class, he, she, it cuts class. We cut class, they cut class. We all cut class. I cannot say this in Spanish because I did not go to Spanish today. Gracias a dios. Hasta luego. ~Laurie Halse Anderson
- The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.~ Tom Bodett
- Instruction does much, but encouragement everything. (Letter to A.F. Oeser, Nov. 9, 1768) ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- In school we learn that mistakes are bad, and we are punished for making them. Yet, if you look at the way humans are designed to learn, we learn by making mistakes. We learn to walk by falling down. If we never fell down, we would never walk. ~Robert T. Kiyosaki
- I think the key indicator for wealth is not good grades, work ethic, or IQ. I believe it’s relationships. Ask yourself two questions: How many people do I know, and how much ransom money could I get for each one? ~Jarod Kintz
- You learn something every day if you pay attention. ~Ray LeBlond
How do you feel about school? Was it something you loved or dreaded? What are your thoughts? I’d love to hear.